Kasturba Medical College (KMC) Manipal
Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal, was established by Dr. Tonse Madhav Ananth Pai on 30th June 1953. The college started with only the pre-clinical section at Manipal and the students had to go to Mangalore for their clinical training. But with the clinical program having commenced at Manipal in 1969, it became a full fledged independent college. KMC is the first medical college in the private sector in India. KMC ranks among the top five medical colleges in the country today. Students from 44 countries have graduated from KMC, and the degrees are recognized worldwide.
E N T
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Radiotherapy & Oncology
Skin & STD
TB & Respiratory Diseases
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal, opened its doors on June 30, 1953.
- The first clinical program commenced at Manipal in 1969, making it a full-fledged independent college.
- KMC was the first college in the private sector.
- Students from 44 countries have graduated from KMC.
- The Medical Council of India granted KMC recognition in 1958 with the first graduating batch.
- Recognition by the General Medical Council of Great Britain and the Malaysian Medical Council soon followed.
- KMC Manipal has consistently been ranked among the top 10 medical colleges in the country.
Kasturba Medical College (KMC)
Phone : +91 820 2571201 - 2571230.
Fax : +91 820 2571927, 2570061, 2570062
Website : http://www.manipal.edu/kmc
IITs IIMs NITs IIITs Universities Distance Education
Education in India >> useful informations
Informations in India >>>