Sandwich Recipes and Fillings
1. Mash a hard-boiled egg and mix with finely cut, boiled vegetables, tomato sauce, onion and peper.
2. Core a firm cucumber, discard the seeds, stuff the inside with cheese and apple sticks (cut in fingers). Fill tightly and refrigerate. Cut in slices, and sprinkle with salt, pepper and lime juice.
3. Grind fresh peas to a fine paste. Fry onions, chillies and ginger, cut fine. Add pea paste and cook with as little water as possible.
4. Mix peanut butter with finely cut onions, coriander leaves, ginger and lime juice.
5. Cut cheese pear, tomatoes and onions finely. Mix with garlic, salt and blend well
6. Cut very finely, lettuce leaves and heart of cabbage. Mix with thick cream, salt, lime juice and a pinch of sugar.
7. Fry finely cut tomatoes, onion, ginger and green chillies in a little butter. Add cooked mince meat and blend. Sprinkle agino-moto.
8. Slice ripe tomatoes, pineapple and onion and marinate in salt and lime juice. Sprinkle pepper.
9.Mix boiled fish with ground mint, coriander leaves and tomato sauce. Arrange pickled onion on top.
10.Slice hard-boiled eggs and top with white sauce and tomato ketchup.
Make thin slices of bread. remove crusts, spread butter and any of the following fillings, roll each separately in the swiss roll fashion and secure with tooth-pick, if necessary.
Cut the bread in length-wise slices and trim off the crusts. Spread with colourful fillings and roll-up like swiss roll.
Cream Cheese Sandwich Loaf
Trim off the crust of a loaf and cut into 4 or 5 length-wise slices. Sandwich these together with different coloured fillings. Decorate the top with slices of cucumber,etc., and chill. cut into slices.
Open sandwiches are made with fairly thick slices of bread well buttered. Spread colourful fillings and top with delicious mixtures. Open sandwiches are usually eaten using a knife and fork.
For toasted sandwiches, use pieces of toasts and butter, and fill them as usual. These could also be made in hand toasters, in which case the buttered sides should be kept out and the inside filled with scrambled eggs or mince meat. Close the toaster and toast directly on the gas.More Sandwich Recipe